Dear Henley Families,
As we get closer to Wednesday’s start, I just wanted to connect with you regarding a couple of informational items:
- For 6th grade families, please remember to bring in your child’s TDaP form prior to the first day of school. Your child must have his/her immunization to start the first day.
- We are working on the schedule for the first three days of school. Similar to the elementary school’s morning meeting structure, we build in time as an Advisory period where we connect with students, have fun, and build community. During the first three days, we alter the bell schedule to have more time in Advisory to get to know each other, develop our school-wide social contract, and handle important transition experiences (e.g. lockers, lunch procedures, changing classes, etc.). We will publish the bell schedule early next week so that your child knows what to expect the first three days.
- We will begin a normal bell schedule on Monday, 27 August.
- The second segment of our video series-Afternoon Pick-Up- can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szOkMJ8bg34&feature=youtu.be
- We will have additional staff on hand for dismissal. In my experience, buses are delayed for the first several days of school, and we dismiss car riders and walkers on time, so traffic in the parking lot isn’t compounded by bus departure. Once we have a normal dismissal for all students, we will need to prepare for additional car stoppage time.
- A reminder that counselors are working as quickly as possible to complete schedules. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Looking forward to seeing many of you on Monday! As always, call or email with feedback and/or questions.
Beth Costa, principal