Dear Henley Families,
Tomorrow is the first day of the 2018-19 school year! We have been waiting for this day and hope that your child(ren) feels ready to begin this journey with us.
I have a lot of information, but I will repost this on the Principal’s Blog (linked on the Henley home page) for your reference:
- Here is the schedule for the first three days. As previously shared, we will have extended Advisories designed to build relationships with your student(s), to ease them back into school, and to share important routines and structures for the new year.
- If you have not had a chance to view morning drop off and afternoon pick up videos, here is another opportunity to orient yourself to our procedures:
- Albemarle County has generously supported our parking lot and roadway procedures during the first several days of school. You will see additional police officers on Rt 250 and in our parking lot. We hope the videos have been helpful and thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience.
- In an effort to raise money for the World Peace Games, Megan Williams, teacher and coach will be auctioning off two reserved parking spaces in the front of the school. Be on the lookout for more information about her raffle.
- For the first ten days of school, Transportation asks that we don’t write “guest” bus passes for students to ride a different bus so that they can get their accurate bus ridership numbers established. Thank you for your understanding.
Thank you for all of your support as we start the school year. Let me know if you have any questions.
Beth Costa, principal