Dear Henley Families,
We hope you had a great weekend! As you know the 1st semester ended on Friday; your child’s teachers were busy completing grades and planning for the second semester. We hope this second semester is even better than the first.
Just a couple of informational items:
- While we are only just starting the second semester, it is also time to select classes for next year! Rising 7th and 8th grade students will start meeting with our school counselors and admin team to pick electives. Please have your child bring his/her elective sheet (with your signature) to school tomorrow.
- If you would like to review the timeline for registration and scheduling, please visit our Henley School Counseling webpage.
- The UVA Women’s Basketball team is hosting a “Henley Day” on Sunday February 12th. The game starts at 2pm and they are playing against Wake Forest. This is a free event for students and parents/guardians can receive two free tickets. The permission slip due date has been extended to Tuesday January 24th. At the game there will be opportunities for students to participate: ball boys/girls, making a tunnel for the team to run through as they enter the court and much more!
- Our Henley Huddles for the next several weeks will focus on Acts of Kindness or The Great Kindness Challenge. We continue to work on helping students develop the Social/Emotional Intelligence that they need to be successful at school and with each other. Ask your child how they are showing kindness toward others throughout the day.
- For 8th grade families: The staff of the ECHO (yearbook) would like to offer you an opportunity to capture forever these important years in a more personal format than the typical yearbook mug shot. We will be selling personal ad space for you to create a custom remembrance of your son or daughter. Your ad can be as simple as a note of love or appreciation or as bold as a photographic essay of your child’s life. The ECHO staff will work with you to create any layout that suites your needs. You may purchase a simple 2” x 2” block of space, an entire page (12 blocks), or any combination thereof. For more information, please visit the PARENTS page on our Henley Website. The deadline for ads is 2/22.
As we enter the 2nd semester, I want you to know that I value your feedback and partnership! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or ideas.
Beth Costa, principal